Best Bacon-Potato Bites with Spicy Dip
This is an all around perfect snack or appetizer for several people. The herb, rosemary, is not set in stone, either. I happened to try a tsp. of dry thyme leaves, so herbs are going to be your preference. You can make the bacon as crispy as you want, and even tweak the spicy dipping sauce to your level of spiciness. For me, I doubled the spice, as I like a kick. Depending upon how many people you wish to serve, this recipe required two pans to cook with for me. I rotated a new one in the oven when the first was finished. This is OUTSTANDING!!
- 1 lb. small or med. red or white potatoes
- 2 1/2 tsps. salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tsps. fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 oz. to 1 lb. thick cut bacon
- 1 cup(8 oz.) sour cream
- 1-3 tsp hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Wash and dry potatoes. Chop into roughly 1" square pieces, and put in medium sized pot, add 2 tsp. salt, cover, and cook 3-4 minutes once water comes to a boil. You'll want potatoes almost cooked, but enough so that once you sick a fork in them there is a bit of resistance.
- Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Add the rosemary(or other spice), olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, a few grinds of pepper, and toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cut the strips of bacon into thirds. Wrap each potato bite in a piece of bacon, securing it with a toothpick. Put the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil spaced an inch or two apart. You may need to cook the potatoes in two batches. I had to do this, so the cook time given above is for each batch
- Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, then flip each piece. Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and as crisp as you like it. Mix the sour cream and hot sauce in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pile the potato bites on a plate and serve alongside the dip.
The best baking pan that I have ever used!
- Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch® Nonstick Quarter Sheet, Set of 2 | Williams-Sonoma
Made in the USA of commercial-grade aluminized steel, our rimmed sheet pans have countless uses, from holding a batch of fragrant focaccia to supporting a berry tart. Their technologically advanced Goldtouch nonstick coating releases baked foods wit