- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Brown Sugar & Bacon Wrapped Lil' Smokies Recipe
Rate this recipe!
With only 3 ingredients, I can't think of a more sinful, rich appetizer. This decadent spin on lil smokie sausages will please just about any crowd. These make a great snack for football parties, tailgate parties, or for an excuse to combine bacon with sausage. Enjoy!
- 1 lb bacon, cut in thirds
- 1 14 oz package Lil' Smokies or other beef cocktail weenies
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Keep 1/3 of the bacon out and the other 2/3s in the refrigerator to keep it cold and firm to make wrapping easier. Wrap each weenie with 1 piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place each wrapped weenie on a baking sheet or in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the weenies.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the sugar is melted. Broil for 5-10 minutes if you like a little more carmelization.
- **Clean up Tip:** This will make a huge mess of your cookware, but Grease Lightning cleaner ALWAYS melts off the residue.