- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
Bahama Breeze Guava Glazed Double Bone Pork chops Recipe
Here is the recipe for Bahama Breeze Guava Glazed Double Bone Pork Chops Recipe.
It is absolutely delicious. The pork chops marinade in a Jamaican mix the day before, and are glazed with a guava glaze while cooking. When you go to the restaurant this is served with a mango salsa and garlic mashed potatoes. It is so delicious. Plan on not having any leftovers when you make this- I didn't.
Bahama Breeze is a popular Caribbean restaurant, and they have several locations nationwide. When you go in the restaurant they play Caribbean music and serve frozen drinks like you would get in the Caribbean. It is a pretty popular place to be, and eat at. Make this at home for a fraction of the cost. Play some tropical music, and get out the blender for some frozen drinks and it will be like you are there in the restaurant. Enjoy!
- INGREDIENTS FOR JAMAICAN MARINADE
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Jamaican Rum, No malibu
- 2 Tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 Hababero pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- INGREDIENTS FOR PORK CHOPS
- 4 Double thick Pork chops (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 cup of the Jamaican marinade from recipe
- 1/2 cup of the guava glaze from recipe
- INGREDIENTS FOR GUAVA GLAZE
- 3/4 cup Guava fruit pulp (Can substitute pineapple if no Guava available)
- 1 Teaspoon Blackening Seasoning
- INGREDIENTS FOR APPLE MANGO SALSA
- 2 granny smith apples diced core removed
- 1 mango diced core removed
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- INGREDIENTS FOR GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- 1/2 lb diced red potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons scallions diced
- 2 Teaspoons thyme leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- salt / pepper to taste
- Lets first make our marinade- since the pork chops need to marinade 4 hours or overnight.
- Place your olive oil in a medium size bowl, and start to whisk in the jerk seasoning. Then add the orange juice;soy sauce;rice wine vinegar;Jamaican rum;juice of 1 lime; habanero pepper; garlic; red onion; green onions and creole seasoning.
- Place your pork chops in a biz zip lock bag. Now add your marinade and stick in the fridge till ready.
- Lets make our glaze for our chops once they are ready to cook.
- Get out your mixer and place either 1 cup of guava fruit chopped or 1 cup of pineapple chopped. We want to puree this. Turn your blender on and puree. This needs to equal 3/4 cup. Then add 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce, and your blackening seasoning. Mix till thorough. Place in fridge till ready.
- Lets make our mango salsa.
- Cut all of your ingredients if you have not done so already. Place all your ingredients in a large bowl: apples; mango; red bell pepper; red onion; orange juice; lime juice;cilantro. Cover and place in fridge till ready.
- When ready to cook- Lets get out our grill and get it heated. Take out your chops and place on the grill. Discard the marinade in the bag. We are going to grill these pork chops. We want to baste these chops with the guava glaze while we are cooking, so get out your guava glaze along with a basting brush. Cook till done, flipping on each side and making sure not to burn. It should be about 25 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Lets make our mashed potatoes.
- Get out a large stock pot and fill the pot half full with water. Bring this to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain the potatoes and then add the butter; heavy whipping cream; garlic;thyme and salt and pepper. Using your mixer mix well all the ingredients and top with the scallions.
- Now we are ready to serve.
- Get out your plates. Add your salsa on your plate. Then add a big dollop of mashed potatoes, and then add your grilled pork chop. Enjoy
Who would have known that Mango salsa would go perfect as a side to mashed potatoes. This dish is so refreshing and delicious. The marinade gives this dish such a good flavor. If you want to make this just like the restaurant than make sure you get double boned pork chops at the grocery store. Enjoy your Bahama Breeze Guava Glazed Double Bone Pork Chops Recipe.