Homemade Bake Ziti with Spinach
Eating healthy can be difficult at times. There is a lot of unhealthy food options available to the average person. It is the reason why many of us fall victim to bad food choices. My article was design to help you break the habit.
Today, I will share a spinach pasta recipe with you so you can include it into your daily diet.
Spinach is a great leafy vegetable that is packed with nutrients. Spinach is also quite simple to make. Here is what you will need to get started.
- 12oz uncooked zitti (Wheat or Gluten' Free), 28oz crushed tomatoes
- 1tsp of oregano 2tbsp chopped fresh basil, Kosher and black pepper to taste
- 1tsp of olive oil 3 cloves garlic minced, 10oz package of spinach thawed
- Misto olive oil cooking spray, Baking dish, Pot
- 8oz fat free ricotta 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 2 cups 8oz part skim mozzarella cheese( Polly O brand)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with oil spray.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions or until al dente
- In a medium pan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt, pepper and crushed tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sauce to the pasta and combine. Add half of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.
- Pour the pasta mixer in a baking dish and spread remaining mozzarella cheese over pasta. Place foil over dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes and serve hot.