- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Dessert Cakes
Baked Alaska Cupcakes
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder, (Unsweetened)
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup (Equivalent to 1 Stick) Butter, (Softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Pint Strawberry Ice Cream
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup and 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and generously coat a Muffin Pan with Nonstick Cooking Spray. Get out two small bowls, a medium bowl, and one large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Cocoa and the Hot water until the Cocoa has dissolved completely in it. In another small bowl or in a measuring cup mix together the Vanilla and Milk.
- With a medium sized bowl mix together Baking Soda, Flour and Salt in a medium sized bowl. Lastly the remaining large bowl! In this with an electric mixer beat together the Butter and Sugar until it's a smooth consistency. Increase the mixer speed to high and add in the eggs until it creates a batter. Add 1/3 of the Flour into it and pour in half of the Milk and Vanilla Mixture. Repeat alternating between both of the remaining Flour and Milk mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour half of it into another bowl and add the Cocoa in. Add about 1/4 of the chocolate batter to six of the muffin wells and use the vanilla batter in the other remaining six. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes and allow to cool. While they cool get out the Ice cream so it can soften some.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled down, slice each cupcake across swapping the tops so they are both chocolate and vanilla. Under the tops add a 1 Inch layer of your Ice cream then place the top back on. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze the until solid, which is about 3 hours.
- 20 minutes or so before serving heat your oven to 450 degrees and start on your meringue! Beat egg whites until frothy (about 2 minutes) add in your cream of tartar and beat until soft peak form. Add in 1/4 Cup and 3 Tablespoons of Sugar increasing mixer speed and beat until it becomes stiff and glossy in appearance. (about 2 minutes as well)
- Tranferring cupcakes to a piece of wax paper add a big dollop of meringue to each cupcake using a butter knife to spread it entirely around each cupcake. Return them to your oven until they become lightly browned (6 minutes or so). Officially ready to eat! Enjoy your Alaskan Dessert!