- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Baked Cheese & Chicken Pasta
Rate your love for the recipe
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour 30 min
Yields: Serves 6-8 people for dinner
- 400 g Macaroni, Use any shape you like most
- 100 g Chicken, Cut into 1/2-1 inch cubes
- 1 medium Carrot, Cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1-2 medium Potato, Cut into 1/2-1 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp Peas, Boiled
- 1 medium Capsicum, Cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic, Finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, crushed or ground
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder, Use crushed pepper
- 50 g All Purpose flour
- 100 g Cheese, Cheddar or Mozarella is fine
- 3/4 cup Milk
- As Reqd Salt
- For Topping Ketchup
- To Sprinkle over top Oregano or any other spice
- Boil the Macaroni pasta as per the instructions on the packet purchased. Usually takes 12 minutes to cook perfectly.
- Drain the macaroni and pour enough cold water over it to save them from sticking. Keep aside until further preparation is done.
- Cut carrots and capsicum into cubes, boil peas and shallow fry them together for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in cubes and fry them to golden brown for sprinkling over cheese topping or mix with other veggies into the macaroni.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped garlic for 1 minute. Add Chicken cubes and fry until fully cooked. Keep spooning meanwhile and add soya sauce, vinegar, salt, crushed red chilli, black pepper to it.
- Add vegetables to the prepared chicken sauce and mix in the boiled macaroni. Make sure cold water is again poured over macaroni to break up the stuck macaroni lumps before mixing other ingredients.
- Now that the main course is ready, it's time to prepare for white sauce. Choose a sauce pan or a frying pan to make the delicious topping.
Cheesy White Sauce:
- Heat 4 Tbsp of oil in the pan and add 4 Tbsp of All purpose flour into it. Do not let flour stick or get over cooked and keep spooning it with a spatula.
- Once the flour starts turning brown, remove it from the stove and add milk stirring well with a hand mixer to break up the lumps. Keep stirring until a smooth consistency is achieved. Add little water to achieve the required consistency of sauce.
- Add in a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add Cheese and stir well until it melts and a silky texture turns out.
- Dish out prepared macaroni and pour the delicious, mouth watering cheesy white sauce over it to cover up completely.
- Top it with your favorite veggie and sprinkle over oregano to add in more perfection.
- Bake the Cheesy Chicken Pasta to 180 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy the love of pasta.