- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Baked Italian Meatballs Recipe
If you are in the mode for something italian and delicious then you can bake some Italian meatballs which come showered with a ton of great plain original tomato souce. It is a great easy to make dinner homemade recipe for everyone in your family to eat plus it contains less calories making it a good healthy choice.
- 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 lb Ground pork
- 1/2 lb Ground lamb
- 1 Large egg beaten
- 1/2 Cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup of fresh flat-leaf Parsley chooped, ( dried is not going to work for this recipe)
- 1/4 Cup of tomato sauce
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 Medium onion, grated
- 1 Teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- First thing on the list is to preheat oven to 400 degrees F, spray a broiler pan with rack in a nonstick spray( Its better to use some cookie cooling racks over a jelly roll pan), then combine all of the ingridients nessessary into a large bowl, after that use your hands to mix good all of the ingridients but try not to overwork or squeeze so that the meat does not turn so hard, Make approximately from 50 to 60 balls be sure to make them at about 1 1/4 diameter use a regular tablespoon in order to scoop and then to roll the meat with the palm of your hands to make them as meatballs.
- Let the italian meatballs bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until the meatballs turn light brown on all sides but not yet crusty, the best way to make these italian meatballs even better is by adding one of your favorite sauces serve the sauce on top of the pasta apply it in a hoggie roll or you can also keep the tomatoe sauce inside a freezer bag for storage of up to 6 months. It's always best that with this recipe you double the recipe and then freeze all but one meat that is worth of meatballs just put them in one bag and everytime that you want to eat some meatballs you just take out from the bag the ammount of meatballs you want to eat. Dont worry if they will stick because they wont since the meatballs are already baked.