Baked Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
I really like peanut butter and wish it could be used in more things than just PB & J. I’ve seen recipes for peanut butter pie before; sometime you bake them; sometimes they’re just whipped and chilled like pudding. The baked ones always seem to ask for equal parts butter and peanut butter; and they taste more like butter than peanuts. The pudding ones just taste of that: pudding; not pie. So, I thought I would try my hand at making my own Peanut Butter Pie. I use equal amounts of peanut butter and sour cream for this one; and it really has a great peanut butter flavor. This recipe is similar way to a cheesecake or a pumpkin pie; a baked and chilled custard pie. It’s very good this you like peanut butter like I do.
1 cup of peanut butter
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tbsp. wheat flour
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
Graham cracker pie crust
(9-inch pie pan)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree f.
2. Mix together peanut butter, sour cream with a whisk until well blended.
3. Add brown and white sugars and mix.
4. Add vanilla, and flour and mix.
5. Add eggs and milk and mix.
6. Pour batter into a graham cracker crusted pie pan.
7. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until center of pie is set when shaken.
8. Let cool completely before serving or chilling in refrigerator.
9. Serve with whipped cream topped with crushed peanut or chocolate shavings (or both) if desired.
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream. Enjoy!
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies or ...
This is my recipe for whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for peanut butter ice cream. it's one of my favorites. Enjoy!
- Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie
Here is a great recipe for a tasty sour cream pumpkin pie. Enjoy!
- Rhubarb Pie with Strawberries and Homemade Whipped C...
I didn't like rhubarb pie until I had it with another fruit added. This is the way I make it with strawberries. Thought I would share it and my homemade whipped cream. Enjoy.