- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Baked Salmon with Asparagus and Red Potato
- 12 oz Salmon Filet
- 5 Small Red Potatoes, Cubed
- 10-15 Asparagus Stalks, Cut in Half
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Coarse Salt
- Black Pepper
- Wash and cube the red potatoes.
- Wash asparagus and cut in half.
- Place the potatoes in the steamer (I use a rice cooker with a steam basket which works really well) and turn on. Leave potatoes in for about 5 minutes and then add the asparagus on top and continue steaming for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cover a cooking sheet with aluminum foil and apply about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the salmon filet skin-side down on the olive oil. Doing this will make the skin adhere to the foil and you'll be left with a perfect. skinless filet when it's all done.
- Salt and pepper the top of the filet and bake for 14-16 minutes. Thicker filets may need a little extra time. Check the fish with a fork to see if it flakes off easily.
- Remove fish from oven and the veggies from the steamer. Serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Spruce it Up!
For a little additional flavor, try making a chickpea salsa to complement the salmon. A recipe for delicious chickpea salsa can be found here. Cut this recipe in half to achieve the desired amount to go with your salmon.