Baked Sweet Potato Casserole With Marshmallows for Two
With the holidays quickly approaching, I decided this was the perfect time to freshen up on my casserole making. After eating my entire test batch, I have every intention of making one of these to take to my family get together for Christmas.
What you will need
- 3 large sweet potatoes, (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup marshmallows
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup milk
How to make it
- Bake sweet potato's on 350 degrees for one hour, or until done (syrup is coming out:-)
- Next, scoop out the sweet potatoes from their skins.
- Combine sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons of butter, egg, milk, vanilla extract, and white sugar, mixing until smooth
- Separately, combine brown sugar, flour, pecans and 3 tablespoons of softened butter, and mix
- Spread the pecan topping onto sweet potato mixture and bake for 35 minutes
- Add marshmallows and continue baking for 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are melting.