Baked Wheat Tortilla Chips
Rate My Recipe
You don't have to skip the chips and salsa!
There is always freshly made salsa in my home. Whenever I am watching what I eat, I miss having chips and salsa. While a lot of my favorite snacks are not so healthy, it just takes a little thinking outside of the box in order to create new versions of my old favorites. This is a great example of that, hope you enjoy!
- 3 wheat tortillas, (can also use veggie tortillas)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Line 1 or 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Stack 3 wheat tortillas directly on top of each other. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut into 12 pieces as you would a pizza.
- Lightly brush both sides of the pieces with olive oil and arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet(s). Sprinkle a pinch or two of sea salt over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the pan around and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and the chips can be enjoyed right away, just use caution as they will be hot straight from the oven. They can be stored for several days in a ziploc bag or sealed container.