Pie Filling Cake
Just Baked (Chocolate Cherry)
- one (21oz) can Pie Filling, any flavor (see below)
- one Box Cake Mix, any flavor (see below)
- three large eggs
- frosting, if desired
- Heat oven to 350
- Prep baking pans according to directions on the cake box.
- Mix eggs and pie filling together then mix in the cake mix until through combined (if you use an electric mixer the fruit in the pie filling may be broken up into smaller pieces).
- Poor into the pans (you may need to spoon in depending on how thick).
- Bake according to directions on cake box (the cake may take longer than the directions so it’s a good idea to test with a tooth pick at the directions done time).
- Frost (if desired).
Cut Section of the Cake
This combination works best with like flavors, but not the same flavor such as a strawberry pie filling with a strawberry cake mix or a lemon pie filling with a lemon cake (it tastes like lemon pledge). This recipe originated with a chocolate cake mix and a cherry pie filling. It works well with many other flavors such as the ones below.
1. Spice Cake mix & Apple Pie filling
2. Spice Cake mix & Pumpkin Pie filling (use 18 oz can plain (without pumpkin pie spices))
3. Lemon Cake Mix & Berry (blueberry, raspberry, and etc) Pie filling
4. Yellow Cake mix & Peach Pie filling
5. Chocolate Cake mix & Cherry Pie filling
6. Chocolate Cake mix & Strawberry Pie filling (keep the berries whole if possible)
7. Chocolate Cake mix & Coconut Pie filling (only the canned type if you can find it)
8. Banana Cake mix (Duncan Heines) & Strawberry Pie Filling
These are just suggestions have fun with this recipe