- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
Balsamic Vinegar Strawberries Made With Splenda
Hello everybody! With many people being on strict diets, diabetic, or just simply wanting to control their sugar intake in order to maintain their weight, I figured I'd include a recipe that is not only delicious... but nutritious! Besides, desserts don't always have to be loaded with calories to taste good. Splenda and other sugar substitutes are great alternatives to add to recipes, and they taste wonderful! Hope you try this recipe... enjoy! :)
A Low Calorie Delight!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (halved)
- 1/4 cup granular Splenda
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 scoops low fat vanilla yogurt or ice cream
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add strawberries, Splenda, and the balsamic vinegar. Cook mixture until strawberries are heated throroughly and darkened to the color burgundy.
- Place the scoops of ice cream or yogurt into dessert bowls or fancy glasses. Spoon the strawberry mixture over the ice cream/yogurt and serve.