Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
This is great for a quick and easy breakfast! It's also super healthy and tastes great! This recipe is good for a couple people, or just double the ingredients to serve a handful of guests.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Pecans, Chopped
- 3/4 cup Blueberries (or mixed berries)
- 1 large Banana, Peeled and sliced
- 1 large Egg
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Coconut milk (or any milk you like)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon salt and pecans. Pour into the baking dish.
- Layer the berries and sliced bananas over top of the oats, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Mix until well combined. Slowly pour over the oats.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
If you have busy mornings, simply prepare this dish the night before and reheat in the morning.
Tell me what you think!
Make sure to comment below to let me know how you like the recipe and also if you put your own spin on it.
© 2018 Krysten Ziramba