Banana Bread and Brown Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter, (Softened)
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 or 4 Ripe Bananas, (Mashed)
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts, (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, (FOR BROWN BUTTER FROSTING)
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease/flour a 15/10 jelly roll pan.
- In a bowl combine Sugar, Butter, Sour Cream, and the Eggs. Once mixed well add in Bananas and Pure Vanilla Extract and mix. Lastly add Flour, Baking Soda, and your Salt and blend for 1 minutes or so. If you choose to use Walnuts, stir them in as well.
- Pour and spread batter into the pan and bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until it appears a golden brown color.
- While that bakes prepare your Frosting!
Heat Butter up in a saucepan until boiling and allow it to turn a light brown color, then remove from heat.
Add Powdered Sugar, Pure Vanilla Extract and Milk to the Butter. Whisk until it's smooth and thicker then a glaze but thinner then a regular frosting.
- When Bars are done spread the frosting over top (while bars are still warm) and voila!