- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Banana Fritters with a difference
Scrumptious West African Recipe
Banana fritters, easy to make, and great to serve as a snack when you have visitors. In West Africa they have changed the banana fritter recipe we're used to. No sugar but rather savoury. It still has a little sweet taste, but it also has a bite. Once you've tried these banana fritters, you'll never be able to eat the old banana fritters again.
6-8 ripe bananas
4 garlic cloves
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups self-raising flour
- Slice the bananas and then mash them with a fork.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them finely and add to the mashed bananas.
- Peel onion, slice it finely and add to the mashed bananas.
- Cut open the green chillies, scrape out the seeds, rinse the chillies off to get rid of all the seeds, and chop them very finely and add to the mashed bananas.
- Add the salt, egg, milk and self-raising flour. Mix all ingredients together, making sure that the batter is just the right consistency. Not too thick and not runny.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Drop dollops of the batter into the hot oil.
- When you see little bubbles appearing in the fritter and the edges turning light brown, turn them over,
- When cooked, drain them and serve.
- Best eaten when warm.