- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Banana & Nutella French Toast
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 20 min
Yields: 4 people
- 8-10 slices Texas Toast
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Nutella, (for topping)
- 2 Bananas, (for topping)
- 1 cup Whipped Cream, (optional for topping)
- In a medium size bowl or square dish, pour in the milk, add the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, sugar and mix with a whisk until all combined.
- Next, take the bananas, and slice them on a bias (angle) and set them aside.
- Now that the mixture is done, put a saute pan on your stove to medium high heat.
- Take the texas toast and put it in the bowl with the milk and egg mixture for about 5 seconds and then turn over and do the same to the other side. Melt a bit of butter to the pan before putting down the slice of toast.
- Let the french toast cook for about 5 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 5 minutes. If you are making them for a lot of people, put them on a plate with foil to keep warm until you are done making them all. If eating for 2 people serve immediately.
- Once you are ready to serve the french toast, take the nutella and put it in a ziploc baggie (try to spread the nutella on a corner for easy squeezing) and put in microwave for about 20-30 seconds until warm and easy to squeeze, but not runny. Then cut a very tiny corner and squeeze some out on a napkin so you can see if it is melted enough and easy to pour.
- So take a plate, put two pieces of french toast, then put bananas scattered on top and then squeeze the nutella in sort of long zig zags to create a nice chocolate pattern. Then put some whipped cream on top, and maybe some syrup, and you got yourself some delicious breakfast!