- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Banana Pudding Bomb
This is a special banana pudding recipe that an aunt passed down to me. In my opinion my aunt has always made the "BEST" banana pudding in the world! Seriously, I haven't ever tasted one better. There have been some that came close, but none could compare and now I'm going to share this marvelous recipe with you.
***The amount of each ingredient depends on how big you want your banana pudding to be. This should make about 12 servings.
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 11/2 cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4 bananas
- 2 boxes of vanilla waffers
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
Break eggs and divide egg whites and yolks into separate bowls . You will need the egg whites later to make a topping for your banana pudding.
- Mix eggs yolks, butter, sugar, vanilla & almond flavor, milk, and flower in a bowl.
- Cut bananas at a slant to make longer slices.
- In baking dish of your choice, layer cookies and bananas starting with a layer of cookies first then bananas on top. Continue until you fill the dish or until you feel you have enough.
- Pour condensed milk into a pot and turn on low heat. (Try to use a thick pan or a double boiler if possible)
- Add mixture to pot of condensed milk and stir slowly as it heats. Be sure to stir continuously so that your mixture won't burn and stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Once your mixture has mixed well, warmed completely and has thickened take it off of the stove and pour over the layer bananas and cookies.
- Bake on 400 degrees for about 25 min.
While banana pudding is baking you will have time to make your topping.
Directions for topping
- Get about 3 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl.
- Pour egg whites onto a long plate or pan.
- Tilt plate and beat egg whites with a fork upwards.
- You will notice that the egg whites start to form into small bubbles. Lay the plate flat but continue to beat them as you sprinkle sugar in them with your finger tips.
- Continue to beat egg whites and add sugar until they are nice and foamy.
- Take banana pudding out of the oven and spread the foamy egg white mix over the top.
- Place banana pudding back in the oven until topping is golden.