Banana Toffee Crépes
- 1 stick butter, For Banana Toffee
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 4 bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream
- 1 lemon Juice
- for garnish Chocolate shavings,
- Ingredients for Basic Crépe Batter:
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- First, make crépes. Cover and keep warm. If you made your crépes ahead of time, wrap them in foil and reheat in a 325 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until warmed.
- Combine butter, syrup, condensed milk and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Raise heat and bring to a low boil. While stirring constantly, simmer for 8-10 minutes. The mixture will thicken and turn a light caramel color.
- Slice and peel bananas. Toss banana slices lightly with lemon juice.
- Lay first crépe flat on serving plate. Spread 1/4 cup of crépe filling across the crépe and layer 6-8 slices of bananas on top. Fold in half and then again in quarters. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Repeat with remaining crépes and serve immediately.
- For Basic Crépe Batter : (Use ingredients for Basic Crépe Batter)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes.
- Place a pan on a medium-hot burner. Once hot, brush with a little butter or oil.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto pan. Swirl the batter until it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on the first side until golden brown, then flip and cook another 15-30 seconds on the other side.