Banana Toffee Crépes
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 1 hour
Ready in: 2 hours
- 1 stick butter, For Banana Toffee
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 4 bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream
- 1 lemon Juice
- for garnish Chocolate shavings,
- Ingredients for Basic Crépe Batter:
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- First, make crépes. Cover and keep warm. If you made your crépes
ahead of time, wrap them in foil and reheat in a 325 degrees F oven
for about 10 minutes or until warmed.
- Combine butter, syrup, condensed milk and brown sugar in a medium
saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until butter melts and sugar
dissolves. Raise heat and bring to a low boil. While stirring
constantly, simmer for 8-10 minutes. The mixture will thicken and
turn a light caramel color.
- Slice and peel bananas. Toss banana slices lightly with lemon juice.
- Lay first crépe flat on serving plate. Spread 1/4 cup of crépe
filling across the crépe and layer 6-8 slices of bananas on top.
Fold in half and then again in quarters. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Repeat with remaining crépes and serve
- For Basic Crépe Batter :
(Use ingredients for Basic Crépe Batter)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes.
- Place a pan on a medium-hot burner. Once hot, brush with a little
butter or oil.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto pan. Swirl the batter until it
covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on the first side until golden brown, then
flip and cook another 15-30 seconds on the other side.