- Food and Cooking
Banana Milkshake Recipe
More Banana Beverages
Scroll down this page for
Banana Smoothie Recipe
Banana Hot Chocolate Drink Recipe
Banana Milk Shake
Banana Milkshake - delicious, easy and quick to make
The following banana milkshake recipe is an excellent and super quick way of using up overripe bananas.
Serve at any time of day and on a variety of occasion. Dress it up a bit in a fancy glass with straws to serve to guests at lunch or a dinner party.
There are a multitude of variations, a few of which are listed below, but you can let your imagination run wild and adapt it to your own taste by adding your own favourite ingredients.
Scroll down the page for a great Banana Smoothie Recipe which can likewise be useful for overripe bananas and for delicious Banana Hot Chocolate drink. Also some thoughts on the difference between a milkshake and a smoothie!
Glasses for your milkshake or iced beverage
INGREDIENTS - Banana Milkshake
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 cups milk
- pinch of nutmeg and/or mixed spice
- a quarter teaspoon of vanilla essence
- approx one third of a litre of ice cream
- 1 dessert spoon of sugar
INSTRUCTIONS - Banana Milkshake
- Use a blender to thoroughly combine all the ingredients – Enjoy!
- ****** see below for variations for this Banana Milkshake and for a delicious banana smoothie recipe
Blender that Crushes Ice
4.4 stars out of 5 (well over 350 reviews) Easily cleaned, smoothly blends frozen fruit and ice and reasonably priced.
Banana Milkshake - Variations
- For a Banana and Honey Milkshake, simply add a tablespoon of runny honey to above ingredients
- For Banana and Strawberry Milkshake, simply add a handful of strawberries (or tinned strawberries or even a tablespoon of strawberry jam if no fresh strawberries available).
You can vary the spices too - try a pinch of allspice, cinnamon, or ground ginger for example to give your milkshake an extra kick.
Banana Milkshake v Banana Smoothie
Difference between milkshake and smoothie – The great debate
A milkshake is generally made with milk, ice cream and flavouring whereas a smoothie is usually made with fruit, flavourings and ice.
That said, there are lots of smoothie recipes which use ice cream as well as ice, and some which do not include ice at all. The lines have become somewhat blurred.
This page includes recipes for milkshake and smoothie - why not try both!
Blenders capable of crushing ice
4.4 stars out of 5 - more than 430 customer reviews.
Overripe Banana Recipes
- Banana Cake Recipe: moist and so easy to make
This recipe is quick and easy to make and produces a most delectable moist/succulent cake. It's great for using up any overripe bananas and is so delicious you might want to routinely set aside a couple of fresh bananas just so that you have an...
- Banana Pudding Recipe - easy and quick!
This delicious easy to make hot banana dessert recipe is quick to prepare and bakes fast - great for when you want to conjure up a hot dessert without any fuss or seemingly endless time waiting around for it to finish cooking. A handy recipe for...
- Banana Bread Recipe - Nuts optional
Here's a quick and easy to make delicous Banana Bread recipe which is great for using up those overripe bananas. You don't need an electric mixer and you won't develop muscles combining the ingredients! It's that easy to make. 4 bananas,...
Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 3 overripe bananas – chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice cubes (IMPORTANT: - before putting ice in your blender to crush them, check the blender instructions approve the appliance for this purpose. Some do not, in which case click the video below for alternative method to crush ice.
- Optional – other fruit – e.g. strawberries, raspberries
INSTRUCTIONS for Banana Smoothie
- Simply use a blender to combine all the ingredients together - Enjoy
VARIATION - for Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie, replace the honey with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
Banana Hot Chocolate Drink
INGREDIENTS - Banana Hot Chocolate Drink
- two cups of hot chocolate beverage (made up with milk as per the manufacturer's instructions)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- (optional - a little honey to taste)
INSTRUCTIONS - Banana Hot Chocolate Drink
Use a blender to combine all the ingredients together until smooth, and serve this delicious hot banana beverage hot straightaway.