- Food and Cooking
Banoffee Sundae Recipe
All you will need
- Sundae glasses
- Long Sundae spoons
- People with a sweet tooth
Keep in mind...
This truly is a treat, it is very sweet and I have no idea how many calories it has (Sorry).
The kids love it, and it's a once in a blue moon treat in our household but it always gets their attention and guests who come over for parties and BBQs love them too!
It is very sweet and sticky, once the glass has been scooped out and finished up remember to soak them in warm soapy water - you'll be thankful for that later because if you leave until last minute it will drive the 'washer-upper' MAD! lol
If kids are taking part in either making or simply eating, I would keep baby wipes close by as it ends up all over their hands, feet, hair...you name it, it'll be there and other unimaginable places! lol
- 3 Bananas, If they are on the way out, it would be better as the ripe banana smells and tastes work very well!
- 1 Tub of Vanilla Ice Cream, will need 8 scoops
- 1 Tub of Greek Yoghurt, will need 12 teaspoons
- 300ml Tub of Double Cream, whipped up and thickened
- 100g Chocolate Digestive Biscuits, Crushed up into uneven small bits, NOT powder
- 1 Tin of condensed caramel
- optional extras chopped nuts with a splash of rum or almond liqueur
- Put the Sundae glasses into the freezer for 5 mins. Slice Bananas- not too thinly. Put the biscuits into a plastic bowl and use a rolling bit to break them up.
- Whip the double cream until it is thick and has soft peaks, mix in the Greek yoghurt and alcohol if you are using (vanilla essence works well too).
- Remove the glasses from the freezer and holding it at an angle (like pouring a pint of beer) and rotate as drizzling the caramel down the sides. Add the a few biscuits, followed by a few bananas, 1 scoop of ice cream, then cream mixture. Repeat the layer until the sundae is nearly full.
- When all four sundaes have been filled, finish the top with a few sprinkles of the chocolate biscuits and banana. Serve on a plate with the long spoon and optional wafer. If you are using nuts, lightly toast them before decorating the top of the sundae.
Consistency of whipped cream
© 2015 MFPrincess