- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Barbecue tofu with delecta squash, roasted red new potatoes, rosemary,thyme, and kiwi
Barbecued tofu with roasted new potatoes, delecta squash and kiwi
- 1 container tofu, extra firm- -sprouted if possible
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce, your favorite store-bought or homemade
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Take block of tofu out of container and lay in a dish towel. Place a heavy book on top. Leave for five to ten minutes. The towel will be wet.
- Place tofu on a cutting board and slice into quarter inch or tiny bit thicker slices.
- Pour 1 cup of barbecue sauce into the baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Spread sauce around evenly.
- Lay tofu slices on top of the sauce. Pour about 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over each slice. Spread over tofu evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.
I love barbecue flavor but don't want all the fat in my diet. This recipe gives me just that. If you freeeze and then defrost your tofu this process will give the tofu a very meaty, chewy texture. I look for extra firm but if you can't find that at the store, firm will work just fine. My favorite tofu comes from sprouted beans. The the tofu cakes are split into 2 halves which is perfect if you are only cooking for 2. I slice both cakes and then freeze them so they are ready when I am.
This recipe was created because these flavors taste so good together and can bake together at one time. Perfect for the person who has timing issues. You can have all these items done in 30 minutes and on the table. You can prep this meal in the morning before work and just pop everything in the pre-heated oven when you get home. Simple and healthy!
I served this comfort dish with a Weyerbacher craft beer called "Insanity". It was a most excellent food and beer pairing. Give a it try and find out why this is a household favorite!
If you are wondering how to make the potatoes and squash, I have seperate blogs for them. Check it out today!