It's been a long time!
It's been a long time since I bought barbeque sauce in the store. I can't imagine what the cost of it is anymore. I don't think I would ever go back to that anyway. I like know what is in my food. None of those additives and things you can't pronounce.
All different kinds
There are all different kinds of sauce you can make at home and can yourself. The money that you can save is definitely worth the time put into the endeavor.
- 24 large tomatoes, cored, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbls. dry mustard
- 1 tbls. paprika
- 1 tbls. salt
- 2 red hot peppers, diced/optional
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup vinegar
- Combine vegetables in large sauce pan. Cook until soft. Puree in food processor, blender or food mill. Put back into stock pot and cook down and reduce by half. Add spices to the mixture and simmer until liquid reaches consistency of ketchup. stir often to prevent sticking.
- Once desired consistency is reached ladle into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust 2 piece lids with middle finger and thumb.
Processing time (boiling water bath)
Your Next Cookout
Lust imagine the rave reviews you will get on at your next cook out. When your friends and family come up and ask you where you got the b-bque sauce, you can say I made it! The look on their face will be reward enough.
Homemade Strawberry Jam
- Homemade Strawberry Jam (canned)
Strawberry Jam canned in a hot water bath canner.
- Homemade Applesauce (canned)
Homemade applesauce is one of the most easiest things to make. The kids and grandkids will love and so will you!
- Celtic Cooking /Blackberry Pudding
How about Blackberry Pudding (Isle of Man)? Well do I have a great surprise for you!