- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Basic barbecue tools every cook must have
A lot of people enjoy barbecue time because this is a good chance to serve tasty food to family and friends. Mostly during summer time, barbecue cookouts are held in backyards where cold beverages and beer are often served. There are various choices of meat cuts that can be grilled as well as selection of herbs that can enhance food flavor. Nevertheless, it is very necessary to have a complete set of barbecue tools to make barbecue time more efficient and enjoyable. Barbecue tools are indispensable to grilling. Additionally, barbecue tools made up of stainless steel are easy to wash and store.
See the following list of important barbecue tools that can make barbecue time a breeze:
1. Tongs. This is a very important utensil for holding chuncks of meat,fish or even corn to ensure that food is well-cooked. A stainless tong provides easy grip, is lightweight and can easily be cleaned after use.
2. Grill Brush. Once all the guests have gone home, it's time to face the challenge of cleaning the grill which can be done using grill brush.
3. Spatula. There are many types of spatula that you can choose from based on your grilling needs. A spatula with a wider base can turn large slabs of steak to make sure that all the sides are perfectly cooked. You can choose either 15 inch or 22 inch spatula,depending on your needs.
4. Basting brush. A yummy barbecue needs a terrific sauce recipe. The most ideal way to baste the meat is to baste using any brush made of silicon which is heat resistant and easy to wash. Besides, a basting brush made of silicone can withstand hot food so this is considered one of the basic barbecue tools.
5. Bottle opener. People enjoy barbecue with beverages so include a bottle opener as one of the essential barbecue tools.
6. Meat tenderizer. This helps soften tough meat in case you only have a short time to prepare.
Now that you know the basic barbecue tools, your cook out would definitely become easier and less of a burden so you can enjoy entertaining family and friends.