Shrimp with Tomatoes and Orzo
Shrimp with Tomatoes and Orzo Pasta:
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
20 Large Raw Shrimp: Devaned and Peeled
1 LB of Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
4 Cloves of Garlic chopped
1 14.5 Cans of Stewed or Crushed Tomatoes
2 Shallots or 1 small onion chopped
4 TBS Olive Oil
Feta or Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Parsley Chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large pot bring water to rolling to boil, add a palm full of salt and a little oil to water then add your orzo, cook for approximately 8-10 minutes.
In a skillet pour Olive Oil let that heat, then add onions let them begin to sweat for approximately 5 minutes, add garlic and saute. Once the onions and garlic are soft add your halved cherry tomatoes and canned tomatoes, let them cook until soft and canned tomatoes are hot approx 8 minutes once the onions, garlic and tomatoes are cooked remove from pan. Return pan to heat, add more olive oil if needed, then add your shrimp and add salt and pepper to season, cook until pink on one side approx 4 miinutes, flip the shrimp over and add the cooked onions, garlic and cherry tomatoes and add your can of stewed/crushed tomatoes and continue cooking for approx 4 minutes or until the tomato sauce is heated again, then turn off heat.
Once the orzo is cooked, drain the pasta, dump the orzo in a serving bowl, add the shrimp and tomato sauce and the feta or parmesan cheese, add chopped parsley, stir and serve.
- 20 Large/Jumbo Shrimp, Peeled and Devaned
- 1 Pound Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 14.5 oz can Stewed/Crushed Tomatos
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 2 Shallotts or 1 small Onion, Chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 container Feta or Parmesan Cheese, Crumbled or Shaved
- 12 oz Box Orzo
- 4-5 Tbls Olive Oil
- Handful Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- In a large pot bring 2 quarts of water to boil, add salt to flavor water, and oil then add Orzo, cook approx. 8-10 minutes
- In a skillet add olive oil let heat, then add your shallots/onions let them start to sweat approx 5 minutes, then add your chopped garlic, cherry tomatos and canned tomatoes. Cook until cherry tomatoes are soft, remove from heat.
- Return skillet to heat, add more olive oil add your shrimp, salt and pepper, let cook until pink, then turn over add your tomato sauce let simmer for 5-6 minutes. Turn heat off.
- Drain pasta, and add the shrimp and tomato sauce, feta or parmesan cheese and mix until pasta is coated, then your fresh chopped parsley. Serve.