Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cake
I have been eating cakes similar to this from the local Giant Eagle Store. They call theirs "Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cakes" but they are really expensive because they charge $4.99 for half a cake. Then I saw a recipe on Pinterest for a box cake made with Yogurt and water. A new cake idea was born. All I did from the original recipe was add milk chocolate chips since the ones at Giant Eagle have semi-sweet chips in them. The result was a somewhat heavier cake but it has a really good chocolate taste.
You can use vanilla glaze or even just sprinkle with powdered sugar but it is best served with a chocolate glaze over it.
Most people use the semi-sweet chocolate chips but I can't eat dark chocolate so I substitute milk chocolate chips instead. This cake is yummy whether it is eaten plain like pictured or with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Emply cake mix into medium size bowl.
- Add 6 oz. vanilla yogurt and 1 cup of water.
- Beat on medium speed with electric mixer until cake batter is smooth.
- Drop in 4 oz. of Milk Chocolate Chips and stir until chips are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Pour into a bundt pan prepared with Pam and bake at 350 deg. for 40-45 minutes.
- Take cake from oven when cake tester comes out clean and let sit for 5 minutes before turning onto a serving plate.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mis, Any brand but I used Betty Crocker
- 6 oz. Vanilla Yorgurt
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 34 g||11%|
|Sugar 18 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 380 mg||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|