- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Bear N Mom Recipes - Loaded Cheesy Potato Casserole
This recipe was introduced into our family by my daughter at a family birthday party which was being held at a park. Not only is this recipe good while it is still hot, it has an equal good taste when it is room temperature.
To make these from scratch you need to grate the potatoes. It is not necessary to precook the grated potatoes. You can use frozen grated potatoes and as an alternate to using the chopped vegetable you can use the O'Brien style frozen potatoes.
My daughter likes to fry off a pound of bacon and crumble the pieces for a better taste. Since I am all about easy recipes these days, I usually purchase a package of Hormel bacon bits which are found in the salad dressing aisle at our supermarket.
Once you make these potatoes and find out how easy they are, you may even opt to replace potato salad on your party table with this wonderfully taste pleasing recipe.
- 2 cups shredded potatoes, or 1 pkg frozen
- 12-15 oz. sour cream
- 1 can chicken soup, condensed
- 8-16 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb. bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup ea. onions, green peppers & celery, chopped fine
- grate potatoes and set aside. If using frozen potatoes, lay out on cookie sheet lined with paper towels to thaw.
- fry bacon, cool and crumble.
- mix together condensed soup and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, shredded cheese, chopped bacon and vegetables to the sour cream mixture and mix well to coat all of the ingredients.
- Pack the potato mixture into a 13x9 cake pan sprayed with Pam and place in a 325 deg. oven for approximately an hour.
- For a different taste you can eliminate the chopped vegetables and sprinkle the top of the casserole with dried onions.