- Food and Cooking
Bear N Mom Recipes - Sweet Cucumber Pickles
There is nothing better than a sweet pickle made from the garden. All it takes is a bumper crop of cucumbers, some onions and a quick an easy vinegar sauce.
My Mom just loved sweet pickles and she ate them on every kind of sandwich. My taste goes more to the Kosher pickle. As they say though it would be a boring world if everyone was the same.
Put these on the relish tray for your party or picnic and they wont last long. So easy to make you will wonder why you bought them in the store all these years.
- cucumbers, sliced thin
- onions, sliced thin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Slice cucumbers and onions and set aside
- Bring sugar, vinegar and spices to a boil. Continue to cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers and onions and let cool.
- Put mixture into a refrigerator container and refrigerate at least one full day.