- Food and Cooking
Beef Chuck Roast Recipe
Beef chuck roast is a delicious; tasting beef dish that although requires a longer cooking time at a lower than usual temperate produces the best results as the beef is more tender than most other beef dishes plus it has a richer taste.
This dish is better served as the main course and it is usually best served at dinnertime. Along with some vegetables it provides a full serving of vitamins and protein plus it gives one a full feeling and a memorable taste that will be remembered for quite some time to come.
Better served with a red wine and some French bread. The drippings can also be used to pour over rice, the vegetables, the beef itself or can be used as a gravy where one can dip the bread into.
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to about 300 degrees. Season the chuck roast and deposit in a roasting pan along with the onions and the carrot slices. Add 1 cup of water and cover with a lid or aluminum foil. Cook it for about 2 hours
- Whick or stir 1 additional cup of water and the flour and add it to the the pan. Cook an additional 20 minutes or until the chuck roast is tender. Afterwards remove the the roasting pan from the oven and place the roast on its serving dish or plate. Pour some of the drippings over the roast and unto the vegetables. Make sure to leave some drippings to pour over mash potatoes or rice if you choose to make these and for dipping the French bread.
|Serving size: 1/4|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 60 g||120%|
|Sodium 530 mg||22%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
You can also braise the chuck roast by combing the 3 pounds of beef which have been cut into bite sizes pieces along with 1 cup of chopped onions, 2 cups of Hispanic mojo marinade. Cook in a slow cooker for about 2 hours on high or until it is tender.
Another popular method is to stew the chuck roast. Cut the beef into bite size pieces. Season to taste (better to go easy on the salt at this time). On a separate pan add 4 tablespoons of all purpose flour, one tablespoon of heated canola, sunflower oil, or if you want olive oil and heat until you form a broth.
Once you have the broth return all of the meat to the pot and add 1 cup of celery (remember that celery is naturally salty), 1 cup of sliced carrots, 1 cup of sliced onions and about 4 cups of the beef broth. Leave it to simmer for about 1&1/2 or 2 hours. Test for tenderness until you reach the desired consistence.
- Perfect Pot Roast | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
Note: Today, since I'm making pot roast on my Food Network show, I'm bringing this, one of my very early cooking posts on The...
© 2013 Luis E Gonzalez