Beef Steak Stir Fry Recipe
If you have ever eaten in a Chinese restaurant and wished that you could prepare your own oriental style food at home, this beef stir fry dish is quick and easy and will also give your dinners that authentic takeaway taste.
For the beef, I would recommend using either a fillet steak or medallion steak. Fillet steak is the more expensive of the two, but I think it is a better cut of beef as it seems to melt in your mouth. The medallion steak is good too, but needs to be marinated overnight to make it nice and tender.
If you buy the beef prepackaged, the steaks are usually whole, so you will need to cut them into thin slices. I ask my butcher to cut the beef for me as this saves a lot of time.
The marinade can be any flavor you like, I have chosen a liquid marinade with a Chinese flavor. I found that the liquid marinades soak into the beef better when left overnight and soften the meat.
- 400- 410g Beef Steak, Thinly Sliced
- 410g Egg Noodles, Fresh Ready Made Prepackaged
- 400- 450g Mixed Vegetable, Stir Fry Prepackaged
- 175- 200ml Chinese Sauce, Ready Made Prepackaged
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tbs Chinese Marinade
- Mix the Chinese marinade and sliced beef in a bowl, cover and leave for at least two hours. For best results, leave overnight.
- Heat the two table spoons of vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan on a moderate to high setting.
- Add the marinated beef to the wok and fry for 5 minutes or until the beef loses its redness and is nearly cooked through.
- Add the prepared mixed vegetables and stir for a thither 3 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the egg noodles and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add the sauce to the wok and stir for the last 2 minutes. (Now you know why it's called a stir fry!)
- Your stir fry is now ready to serve, and tastes great with a side of baked sweet potatoes.
If you are new to stir frying, have no fears, below is a video with some great tips for stir frying.