Beef Medallions and Mushrooms in Red Wine Sauce Recipe
Beef Medallions in Red Wine Sauce
Quick and Easy Beef Dish
This quick and easy beef tenderloin steak recipe is a perfect way to whip together a simple, yet sophisticated dinner that is high in protein. The steak pairs well with melted spinach, potatoes, and couscous. For the drink, serve a dry red wine (maybe the rest of what you use in the recipe), or a dry gin and tonic.
Ingredients (in order of use)
- 4 tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1 cooking spray, butter-flavored
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 1 8-oz package baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
How to Cook It
- Get out all of your ingredients. You'll need a large skillet and a stove top.
- Heat the skillet on medium-high heat. Spray the beef tenderloin with cooking spray and sprinkle the salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Place the tenderloin medallions on the skillet for three minutes, then flip and heat the other side for three minutes (or until cooked through as you like it).
- Place the tenderloins on a serving plate. (A warm serving plate is best, and it is a good idea to cover them to keep them warm.)
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Put the sliced mushrooms on the pan and cook for three minutes or until slightly brown.
- Add the dry red wine to the mushrooms and saute until the red wine is almost gone.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Add the butter and chopped fresh rosemary and stir until the butter melts.
- Let the sauce settle for a moment, then stir it again and pour it over the medallions.
- Serve and eat!!