- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Chinese Style
Stir Frying is usually referred to the traditional Asian style of cooking which incorporates meat and vegetables being cooked in a pan or wok over high heat, while constantly stirring. There are many different stir fry dishes out there and almost any combination of meat and vegetables can be used. They are not only a quick and convenient ways of cooking dishes, but are considered one of the healthiest because of the low amount of oil (if any is used at all) and fat content in the dishes.
400g Chinese broccoli or regular broccoli
2 tbsp chopped garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chili flakes
1 onion, cut into thick slices
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tbsp white pepper
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup water
1. Cut up the beef into thin strips
2. Add the ingredients under the marinade to the beef and stir. Marinade the beef for at least an hour.
3. Cut up the broccoli and discard of the ends. Cut them into bite size pieces.
4. Mix 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1/4 cup of water and set it aside.
5. Preheat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat in a wok; add 2 tablespoons of the chopped garlic and cook until golden.
6. Put beef into the wok at this point and add 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
7. Just before the beef is cooked, add in the mixture in step 4 make sure to mix before adding to the wok
8. Continue cooking until the sauce thicken up.
Serve over rice or noodles.