- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Belgian Waffle Recipe
Rate this recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups warm milk
- 0.25 ounces dry yeast
- 3/4 cup melted and cooled butter
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup warm milk in a small bowl. Let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes or until its creamy.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg yolks and 1/4 cup of warm milk.
- Stir in the yeast and milk mixture, vanilla, salt and sugar.
- Add the remaining 21/2 cups of warm milk as you stir alternately with flour. Make sure you end with the flour.
- Beat the egg whites until they develop soft peaks and fold into the butter.
- Cover the large bowl tightly with a plastic wrapper.
- Allow the dough to rise for about an hour in a warm place until its twice its volume.
- Preheat the waffle iron and brush it with oil. Spoon about 1/2 cup or the manufacturers recommended amount at the center of the iron. Bake until the steaming stops and waffles are golden brown.
- Serve hot with whipped cream or fruits.
More Belgian Waffle Recipes?
- Belgian Waffle Recipes
The very best Belgian Waffle recipes. Discover and share tasty and original Belgian Waffle recipes. Do You Have A #?
- Belgian Waffles Recipe - Allrecipes.com
The yeast in these eggy waffles makes for exceptionally deep pockets, perfect for capturing melting butter and syrups.
- BetterBaking.com - Belgium Waffles