Khageena: Scrambled Eggs With Onions and Tomatoes
This scrambled egg called Khageena tastes so good that it becomes a part of your weekly meal plan. Enjoy with toasts ,croissants or flat bread at any time. Khageena is usually eaten in breakfast with Parathas. It is as good for dinner as for breakfast. This is quick to make with ingredients usually present in every pantry.
Rate The Recipe
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1/2tsp Cumin seeds or powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste or powder
- 1 Tomato, Medium sized Chopped
- 1/2tsp Parsley flakes, optional
- 2 Green chili pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp Corriander powder, or seeds
- 1/4 tsp All spice powder, optional
- 1/4 tsp Paprika Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Salt
Recipe of Scrambled egg with onions and tomatoes
- Beat eggs very well with 1 tbsp of whole milk.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan(use cooking spray if counting calories). Stir fry chopped onions for a minute then add chopped tomatoes and stir fry for another minute. Add ginger paste and mix.
- Add salt and other spices to eggs and beat again.
- Pour the egg mixture in the pan and let cook for few seconds then scramble with a turner or even fork can be used.
- Turn around for another two minutes to make sure its evenly cooked. Sprinkle parsley flakes.Turn of the stove and dish out the scrambled egg.
- Serve hot. Khageena goes well with breads of any kind. The classic way of serving khageena is with Parathas ( a kind of flatbread cooked with butter or ghee).
The Step By Step Guide to Making Khageena
You might also want to try
- Low Calorie Green Omelette With Kale and Herbs
A delicious and easy cook omelette low in calories and rich in nutrients like vitamin A makes the breakfast appealing for even those who are not fond of vegetables.
A nice book about Pakistani recipes.
What is a more mouth watering breakfast ? Omelette or Khageena ?
© 2015 Ash