Benefits of Drinking Tea
Tea has some health benefits with green tea taking the championship because of its growing popularity worldwide. Chamomile tea is also drunk a lot but I will look into other teas as well and their health benefits they contain.
1. Black tea- has the highest caffeine of all teas and it is made from fermented leaves. The health benefits of black tea are prevention of stroke and protect the lungs from cigarette smoke damage. Black tea is also good for cardiovascular because it increases the ability of blood vessels to relax and expand therefore it regulates blood pressure and also inhibits cancer from growing.
2. Green tea- the popular amongst teas and it has health benefits from weight loss by increasing your metabolic rate to assisting in DNA repair by increasing the production of Interleukin-12 therefore green tea helps in preventing skin cancer.
3. Chamomile tea- is known for helping with sleeping and other benefits of chamomile tea are helping with menstrual cramps by increasing compound glycine in the urine this aids with muscle spasms and it is also good in stomach problems from digestion, stomach aches and eases symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Chamomile tea is also used to treat colds because of its antibacterial properties and calms anxiety attacks.
4. Oolong Tea- also known as Wu Yi tea has high antibacterial properties which help reduce tooth decay and is known for increasing mental health by improving memory and mental clarity and performance. Other benefits of oolong tea are improvement of lung function, decreasing cancer risks and strengthen bones.
5. Rooibos Tea- is used by many spas for skin care and to treat skin problems like eczema cause it is rich in potassium, zinc, fluoride and calcium. Rooibos is also helps with maintaining bone health and preventing arthritis. Other health benefits of rooibos are calms allergies and uneasy stomach. Rooibos is caffeine free and is rich with antioxidants and it is also filled with cancer fighting agents such as polyphenos, phenolic acid and flavanoids they also boost the immune system.
6. White Tea- contains high levels of theanine which helps with boosting the immune system, also helps in fighting bacterial infections like pneumonia and helps with combating aging. Theanine also helps with relaxing. White tea contains polyphenols that which helps with fighting cancer cells and it has lower caffeine.
7. Chai Tea- the ginger in chai tea helps with reducing inflammation and it also helps with aiding with digestion, nausea and diarrhea. Chai tea has low caffeine.
8. Ginseng Tea- is known to improve concentration and stimulates the brain. It’s also helps with minimizing menstrual cramps and is also used to treat cancer, diabetes, dementia and ADHD. Pregnant women are advised not to drink ginseng tea.
Drinking tea has its own benefits and they are many types of teas in the world that are also good with health.