Most Popular Indian Desert "Kalakand"
Join me @
- Flavours And Spices
My recipe page... Hope u'll like it :)
Kalakand is a very popular Indian sweet specially among Bangali and Rajasthani.It is definite item in each and every sweet shops of Kolkata City (India).It is good for health and diabetics patience also.
- 200gm Paneer(cottage cheese)
- 1 ltr Milk
- 50gm Maida Flour ( all purpose flour)
- 4-5 green cardamom seeds, powdered
- 100gm Sugar, Powdered
- 4-5 Kaju/Almond, Broken
There are two steps to make Kalakand
a) Making of Khoa ( similar to ricotta cheese, but lower in moisture and made from whole milk instead of whey )
b) Add other ingredients to Khoa for final process.
- Navaratan Korma Recipe
- Mughlai Chicken Recipe : A spicy Indian Chicken Dish
- Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
- Dhania Chicken
- Recipe: Veg Sweet Corn Soup
- Recipe : Paneer (Cottage cheese) in Hot Garlic Sauce
- Schezwan Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes : Indian Style
- Vegetable Fried Ball : Indian Snacks
- Indian Desert : Phirni
- Step 1 : Making of Khoa : A concentration of milk to one-fifth volume is normal in the production of khoa. So take 1 ltr of milk to make 200gm khoa.
- Putting milk in karahi and placing over a medium fire (to avoid boiling and minimize scorching) for some times.
- When it become thick like cheese, it is ready.
- Step 2: Mix the khoa with paneer,ardamom pods powder and powdered sugar properly to make a smooth mixture.Cool for 5 mins.
- Add maida flour to the mixture well and again cool for 5 mins.
- Place the mixture in a spread flat dish and spread equally with same thick level.Cool for 20-25 mins.
- Now cut in a small square pieces (shown in the above pictures ).
- Garnish the kalakand with saffron and kaju pieces
© 2012 M K Paul