- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Berry Cheesecake Parfait
There are very few things that scream of Summer like a dessert, especially one made to be refreshing and made from juicy ripened berries.
This recipe will not make you feel bloated or stuffed and it is a perfect ending for a light Summer meal. It requires no baking, no cooking and only some mixing and it costs about $10 for a serving of about 6 depending on the serving size.
It should be accompanied by a light drink, and preferably a non sweetened one since you don't want to combine sweets with other sweets.
Raspberries, blackberries,blueberries and strawberries are not only refreshing, tasty and good for you and your health. ad some fresh cream and you are on your way to a very tasty treat that adults and drench alike will love.
Start by selecting the freshest berries that you can as well as making sure that they are ready to eat, in other words they are ripe.
Wash them thoroughly to remove any possible dirt and other contaminants and set them aside.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 4-6 depending on portions
- 2 cups mixed berries, cut or sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen non dairy whipped cream, thawed before starting
- 1/2 cup graham craker, made into crumbs
- Combine 2 cups of berries, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of water and let it rest for 10 minutes
- On a separate container mix the cream cheese, 1/4 sugar and the vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth and with no bumps. Cover in whipped topping
- Get your parfait glasses ready and fill them in this order; the cream cheese mix, graham cracker crumbs, berry mix. Repeat until you have at least two levels
- Top with mint leaves, a cherry or whipped cream. You can also add a small sprinkle of lemon or lime juice on top. This is mostly for the aroma.
|Serving size: 1 parfait cup/glass|
|Calories from Fat||216|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 24 g||37%|
|Saturated fat 60 g||300%|
|Carbohydrates 42 g||14%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 60 mg||20%|
|Sodium 230 mg||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This delicious dessert is best served for breakfast, brunch or lunch. after a light Summer meal.
It should be served when ready to eat and should not be left standing for more than 15 minutes.
Alternative you can prepare them and let them chill in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour before serving.
You can top them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream but keep in mind the calories if you do.
Liked this recipe?
© 2013 Luis E Gonzalez