- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
World's Best Banana Nut Bread Recipe EVER!!
What Makes a House a Home?
If your like me, nothing makes a house feel more like a home than the sweet aroma of banana nut bread baking in the oven.
Whenever I mix up a batch of this banana nut bread recipe I try to make at least 4 or more loaves at a time because my husband eats them up so quickly. These loaves also freeze beautifully and will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer.
The recipe is VERY easy and only requires a few basic ingredients to produce this moist and delicious bread that will remind you of Grandma's house.
It's one of those recipes that when one of your family comes home they'll say "Wow, what smells so good!" and you'll be able to sit there looking like Holly Homemaker!
- 1-3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas - Mashed (About 1 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Milk (or Buttermilk)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup chopped Walnuts (or whatever nuts you have on hand - I've done Pecans and even Almonds and they were all delicious)
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, bananas, oil, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and blend well.
- Slowly fold in the walnuts and stir just till well mixed.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 5 loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Let sit for about 5-10 minutes in the pan then invert onto a wire rack for cooling. Yields 1 loaf
Once completely cooled you can wrap extra loaves up and put into a freezer bag for later.
** TIP: I like this bread for breakfast, with coffee in the mornings. I also serve it with dinner sometimes too though. It's wonderful cold but even better warmed up in the microwave with a little melted butter on it.
If you enjoy this recipe, try Homemade Chocolate Cake Doughnuts with Chocolate Icing or any of my other recipes.
Enjoy - And HAPPY EATING!!
For more of my recipes, try reading Old Fashioned Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
© 2012 Laura Rash