Best Chicago-Style Pan Pizza Crust Recipe
Best Chicago Style Pan Pizza Crust Recipe
Favorite Homemade Pizza Crust
This homemade pan pizza crust recipe is the result of trying many different homemade pan pizza recipes. This is by far my favorite crust. It is the best of all worlds. It is filling like a pan pizza, light and crisp like a thin crust, but it is a fuller, more filling pizza crust. It is light and crisp, never chewy or doughy.
Please sure to rate this recipe!
Pizza Crust Ingredients Needed:
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil, 3 for each pan
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Milk, Warm, not more than 110 degrees
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour, More for dusting
- 1 packet Yeast, Proof
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil two deep dish pizza pans with 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil each, set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients, whisk. Combine wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry and knead just until smooth. Roll into a ball and place in an oiled, covered bowl, let rise 1 hour or until doubles in size.
- Remove from bowl onto counter dusted with flour, separate into two halves. Press into two pans, cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubles in size.
- Spread tomato sauce on crust, bake 3-5 minutes. Remove, add desired toppings and cheese. Bake 20 minutes.
© 2018 Kelly Christensen