- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Best Chicken Salad You'll Ever Have
By: Toni Tucker
Best Chicken Salad
This recipe includes everything you'll need in a day to eat good and healthy!
- 3- 4 larger sized cans of white meat chicken breast, or you can cook 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast in a skillet, just add a little ground black pepper and a dash of salt
- 3 medium oranges peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3 medium apples, green or red or both cut into small pieces with skin on
- 1 medium sized onion, white, red, or yellow chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups of Miracle Whip Lite or regular, or you can use Mayo Lite or regular
- 1/4 cup of Yellow mustard
- 12 fresh strawberries cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups of slivered salted almonds, you can find at your local grocery store
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or table salt
- Monterrey Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 loaf of soft wheat bread
- Large bag of Ruffled chips
- 1 jar of Dill or Butter sliced pickels
- 2 tablespoons of vegtable oil, only needed if you have to fry fresh chicken breast
Put cans of chicken breast (drain water first) in a large plastic or glass bowl. Or your prepared chicken breast that has been cooked thoroughly in a large frying pan with heated oil first, then cooled to room temperature in bowl. (Cut the cooked chilcken in to small pieces, or shred). Add salt and pepper. Mix. Then add celery, onion, strawberries, oranges, apples, mustard and Miracle Whip. If you like less Miracle Whip or Mayo, add less, or a little more to suit you. Mix well. Lastly, add slivered salted almonds and mix well.
Put the cheese on one slice of wheat bread and add as much chicken salad as you'd like, place second slice on top to make your sandwich or sandwiches. Cut in half and place chips between halves and place a pickle to the side or more fruit or both.
There you have it, the Best Chicken Salad ever, with all the fruit, and crunchy taste of almonds and juicy chicken breast with all the fixin's. Try with a fruity drink or a tall glass of lemonade to sip on.