- Food and Cooking»
Best Fruity, Sweet Tasting Wines
Best Wine's For Those Who Love Their Wine Sweet and Fruity
I never thought I was much of a wine drinker except for maybe an occasional bottle of Arbor Mist. A true wine drinker would hear about this and write it off as a bottle of juice rather than wine. So I decided to do some experimenting to see what types of wine I would actually enjoy. Or if there was actually any at all? Maybe I was only an "alcoholic juice drinker".
I made a personal goal of trying as many sweet, fruity tasting wines as possible without breaking my bank account. I was not about to drop a lot of cash on a bottle of wine only to find out that the sink drain would enjoy it more than I would. In my search for some yummy tasting wines I specifically looked for wines such as rose, blush, moscato's and the dessert wines. As they usually have a sweeter taste to them. More pleasant to the taste buds of an alcoholic juice drinker.
I began to create a list of wines and rate them on a scale from 1-10. 1 meaning that the wine was not very good at all. And 10 being so delicious I may consider a glass with breakfast. The list of wine that I have provided here are only of wines that I rated with a 7 or above.
Note: All of these wines are affordable. And have cost me less than $20 (Canadian) each.
List of Sweet, Fruity Wines and Their Ratings
These wines are listed in no particular order.
- Relax, "Cool Red". Rating 7.5. This wine tastes best served very chilled. It is not too sweet and not too dry. But a nice mixture of both.
- Graffigna Centenario Pinot White Wine. Rating 7. Not an overly sweet wine. But it has a nice "bite" to it. Hints of peaches and apricots.
- Relax, "Blue". Rating 8. A little bit better than the red version.Slightly sweet and fruity. Not too sweet and not too dry.
- Long Flat Red Moscato. Rating 8.5. This wine is for those of you who normally don't like wine. Similar to bubbly juice. But yet not too sugary. This is my go-to wine. I have yet to meet someone who does not like it.
- Emeri, Pink Moscato. Rating 8.5. Sparkling wine with a hint of fruit. Sweet but not too sweet.
- NVY Envy Passion Fruit. Rating 8. Very fruity sparkling wine. Passion fruit is easily pinpointed. Fruit infused so don't be alarmed by the fruit floaties they are supposed to be in there.
- Wild Vine, Blackberry Merlot. Rating 9.2. Very juice like without being too sweet. Fruity and smooth.
- Nova Tickled Pink Moscato. Rating 8. Slightly sparkling. Sweet but not too overpowering.
- Fresita. Rating 7.6. A nice sipping wine. With a dominant strawberry flavor.
- Boone's Sangria. Rating 7.7. Good fruit taste. Slightly sweet wine.
- Gallo Family Vineyards, White Zinfandel. Rating 7.2. Tastes kind of like a flat, fruit drink. Not too dry and not too sweet.
What Kind of Fruity Wine Do You Like?
** If you have tried any wine that is not on the list and it was delicious. Please let me know I am interested in trying it and possibly adding it to the list. **
When looking for a sweeter tasting wine it is best to stick to these types......
Port Wines- Coming from Portugual. These Port wines are well known for their sweet taste. During the making of these wines Brandy is usually added. This not only increases the sweetness of the wine but the alcohol content as well.
Moscato- Moscato aka muscat, muscadel or moscatel. Is an Italian wine. Often coming in peach and/or apricot flavors. this type of wine is usually enjoyed with desert and therefore, has a sweeter taste to it.
White Zinfandel- A light fruity, easy drinking wine with a light rose color. This type of wine is usually the first choice of those just getting started with drinking wine.
Riesling- Coming from Germany the Riesling wine can either be very dry or very sweet. So be careful about which one you are choosing and be sure to read the label before purchasing.