Best Fudgy Brownies Ever
These brownies are my wife’s favorite! One night she requested chocolate desert, so I located a recipe for a batch of Alton Brown’s Brownies. Then, I realized that I was almost out of cocoa. Having already whisked the eggs and melted the butter, I was to far to go back, So I located a box of unsweetened chocolate squares and replaced them for one cup of the cocoa. They turned out so wonderful, that honestly, we have never tried the all cocoa recipe.
- 1-2 tbsp Soft Butter, For greasing the pan
- 1-2 tsp Flour, Dusting the pan
- 1 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 8 oz Butter, Melted
- 8 oz Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Square, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa, Sifted
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Use a double broiler to melt the butter and chocolate at a medium low heat. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add both sugars.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan and bake for 45 minutes. Check if it’s done with a toothpick in the center of the pan, it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool before digging in! Store in an air tight container. I have not had any go bad, so I cannot say how long they last!