Ground Beef Curry: (Qeema Masala) Recipe
Rate the recipe of Best Ground Beef Curry
Qeema Curry : A Family Favorite
Ground beef or Qeema is a favorite in my home. It is so versatile and can be paired with a variety of vegetables or cooked alone.Some times I add some veggies in my Qeema Curry to make it even more nutritious and that also adds some fiber and color to it. Having tried several recipes of ground beef curry (Qeema masala) this is probably the best I have come across.This Ground Beef curry recipe includes a number of spices and herbs which make this dish delicious as well as easy to digest. Lean ground beef is cooked thoroughly and tastes good with both flatbread and rice even spaghetti.
- 1 lb Ground beef, Lean preferred
- 1 Onion, Medium sized sliced
- 1 Tomato, Medium sized diced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Corriander seeds or powder
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Black cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp All spice powder or Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chiili powder
- Some cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Fenugreek leaves, optional
- 2 green chili peppers chopped, optional
- 1/3 cup Cooking oil, Canola or vegetable oil
The step by step procedure of ground beef curry
How to Cook Ground Beef Curry
- Heat oil in a pot or pressure cooker and add sliced onions. Fry onions until light golden.
- Add diced tomatoes and stir for few seconds.
- Wash ground beef ( Qeema) according to the article I listed in link or use it as per your choice.
- Add ground beef to pot along with ginger and garlic paste and stir fry for 2 minutes or until it changes color.
- Now add all the spices,salt and pepper and stir. Add 1 cup of water.
- If cooking in a pot keep the flame on medium setting and cook with lid on until the water dries up. keep stirring every now and then. it will take about 15-20 minutes.
- If cooking in pressure cooker ,cook according to the user manual of the pressure cooker.
- when the water is almost about to dry add cilantro leaves,fenugreek leaves and green chillies chopped and stir on low hear for about ten minutes. Add all spice powder( garam masala powder) and mix.
- Turn off the stove and cover the pot for few minutes before eating so that the spices leave their aroma.
- Serve with naan or phulka or over rice.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 3 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 29 g||58%|
|Cholesterol 82 mg||27%|
|Sodium 254 mg||11%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2015 Ash