Best Homemade Almond Milk Recipe
Almond milk can be used in place of regular milk in recipes and baking. It is easy to make and has a light taste. Almond Milk is a low glycemic alternative to rice milk, and doesn’t cause problems with hormone levels like soy milk does. Being free of lactose it is easier digested than dairy. It is a great alternative for those allergic to dairy milk and is a great choice for vegans too. Almond milk is made by blending raw almonds, that have been previously soaked in water overnight, a popular dairy milk substitute.
Almond milk is easily digested and is free of lactose making it ideal for those suffering from lactose intolerance.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dates, or honey, to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 dash cinnamon, optional
- Soak almonds for at least 4 hours or overnight in water with 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Rinse almonds well. Mix almonds with pure water in blender.
- Blend several minutes until smooth.
- Strain mixture into a large bowl into a cheese cloth.
- Put mixture back into blender with vanilla, with soaked dates, honey, or other sweetner.
- Pour into glass jar or pitcher and store in fridge for up 3-4 days.
Almond flour can be used in place of baking recipes. Save the pulp of the almonds, put on cookie sheet and dehydrate in oven on lowest heat until completely dry. Run through blender or food processor to make almond flour, which can be used in recipes in place of flour. The almond pulp can be re-used a almond flour after drying. This can be added to baked goods and to homemade smoothies. It will generally keep for about 4 days in the fridge, longer in the freezer or if it is completely dry.
*Nutritional information will vary based on how much almond pulp is removed from milk*
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 150 mg||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Other Hubs from this Publisher
- How to Cook Panda Express Bourbon Chicken in Minutes
How to Cook Panda Express Bourbon Chicken in Minutes
- How to Make Cappuccino at Home just like Starbucks
Learn how to make cappuccino at home just like Starbucks in minutes.
- The Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
The Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Ever