- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
Best Meat Lasagna you will ever eat
This recipe for Lasagna, I guarantee will be the best recipe for lasagna that you have ever tried. The reason why is simple. I started with what I could remember of my Aunts recipe and added to it. I tried new things and kept trying new things until it was a perfect gourmet lasagna.
So without further ado..
- 1 1/2 pounds lean natural ground beef
- 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) jar four cheese or sausage flavored spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried or fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups of diced mushrooms
8 ounces package mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded or sliced
- 8 ounces Munster cheese, shredded or sliced
- 8 ounces Havarti slices
- 8 ounces Gouda block
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 8 ounce container of feta (sun dried tomatoes flavored)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
9 lasagna noodles (the ready bake noodles work really good)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons powdered garlic
- 2 teaspoons powdered onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In two separate skillet over medium heat brown sausage and ground beef. Season beef with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 teaspoon parsley. Drain both and set aside.
- In a large saucepan add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, and oregano; set aside. In a skillet heat olive oil. Sauté garlic, onions and mushrooms for about 5-10 minutes in olive oil. Mix sauteed onions, garlic and mushrooms with meat and 1/4 cup of Parmesan into the sauce and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, feta cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, eggs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, oregano and parsley.
- Grate block of Gouda.
Layer a 9x13 inch baking pan with just enough sauce
to cover the bottom of the pan. Lay three lasagna noodles in the pan.
Cover with sauce, then with ricotta mixture then sprinkle or lay with slices of
mozzarella/provolone/Munster/Havarti; repeat layering. Make sure to end with the cheese layer. Then sprinkle Gouda and the rest of Parmesan on top. Sprinkle just a pinch of oregano and parsley
- Bake covered in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes
- Let stand for at least 30 min.
All Lasagna is best if you let it stand for 24 hours in the fridge then re-bake to heat.
Thank you for reading! Enjoy. Please let me know what you think.