- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Best Creamy Pasta Salad Made Easy
Looking for something quick as a side dish to go with dinner? I fixed this recipe one time and has been an all time hit with the family. I was supposed to bring pasta salad to a party and forgot to go to the store. I had no way to the store, so I looked in my cabinet and refrigerator to see what I had to even come close to making this. You only need 3 ingredients and you an ad-lib too.
Creamy Pasta Salad
Ingredients for Easy Creamy Salad
Cook Time For Creamy Pasta Salad
- 4 Cups Dry Elbow Macaroni, Substitute: Baby Shells
- 1 Bottle Creamy Bacon and Ranch Dressing
- 5 Teaspoonsful Bacon Bits
Did You Feel This Was Easy To Make? Rate My Recipe
How To Make Pasta Salad
- Cook your noodles in rolling boiling water for about 10 minutes. until aldente. (firm but not too firm) Do not overcook! It's easy to over-cook pasta. I do not add salt - you can if you would like, but I would take it easy. When water boils, I suggest cooking around 7 to 9 minutes. It is really up to your preferred texture. Video below to watch to make perfect pasta if you need to watch
- Drain water using strainer and rinse the noodles in cold water for a few minutes. If you have a sprayer in your sink, it comes in quite handy.
- Pour the noodles into a big pasta bowl (one big enough to hold all the pasta)
- Add approximately 2/3 of a bottle of Creamy ranch bacon salad dressing. Stir gently- (Taste to determine whether or not you need more dressing)
- Add a your bacon bits or as many as you like. Stir Gently
- Refrigerate for about an hour to chill..If you need dinner in a hurry, I have actually thrown in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate any leftovers up to 4 days. I never have leftovers of food in my frig any longer than that.
Substitutions For Pasta Salad
A nice thing about pasta salad is the substitutions that come with it. If you don't like creamy bacon ranch, try another dressing like Italian or another kind. Try adding chopped onion or green pepper. With Italian dressings, you can even add some Parmesan cheese and chopped black olives.
Want To Make Less?
If you just want to make enough for a few people, just cut down on the ingredients. That's what is nice about pasta salad, you basically just add to taste. Remember: you can always add ingredients, but you can't take out!
How To Make Perfect Pasta!
© 2014 Lisa