- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Seafood Recipes
Best Recipe of Spicy Fried Tilapia Fish
Spicy Fried Tilapia
The reason to pick Tilapia for making spicy fried fish is a matter of personal choice Cod or Haddock could be used instead however some fish like Salmon does not go great with the spices used in this recipe. Use of Spices and herbs are a must when it comes to cooking seafood like fish and shrimp or any other because not everyone can tolerate the unpleasant smell of protein rich seafood. Thats why I use quite a few ingredients while making my fish and it comes out so aromatic that no one can avoid the temptation.
My recipe of spicy Fried Tilapia is the best ever recipe my family and guests has declared so I believe everyone who tries it will add it to their weekly meal plan.
Check out,try and win the hearts of your guests.
- 4 Fillets of Tilapia or any other fish
- 2 Tbsp Chickpea Flour, (all purpose flour can be used but it will not taste as great as chickpea flour or besan)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli Flakes, or powder(use less to make milder)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste, or powder
- 1 Tbsp white vineger, Distilled
- 1/2 tsp Garlic paste, or powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Olive oil for frying
Recipe of Spicy Fried Tilapia
- If you do not like the fishy seafood smell in your fried tilapia then defrost the fillets, coat them with 1 tbsp of vinegar and rub a little. Leave for about ten minutes, rinse and drain.
- For best flavor of spices in your fried tilapia use whole seeds instead of powder and coarsely grind them using a coffee grinder.(Do not forget to wipe the coffee maker clean before grinding your next batch of coffee beans unless you like a hot and spicy cup of coffee).
- If time is the issue then no worries powdered spices will do just fine.Mix together all the spices and chickpea flour in a bowl and coat the fillets really well in it. Add a little lemon juice (optional). Leave to marinate for about half an hour.
- The rest is totally up to you; either bake it in toaster oven or convection oven on a lightly greased pan for 20-30 minutes on 300-350F. Or do it like I did,use a pan for shallow frying the fillets in olive oil.Let the fish cook on one side before stirring it.Turn the fish once after its cooked on one side. Cook until light brown and a bit crispy.
- Take out on a dish lined with paper towel to absorb extra oil and serve with Tamarind chutney or hot sauce.
- Fried Tilapia tastes great if served with a side of roasted vegetables and fresh phulka roti (flatbread) or steamed brown or white rice.
Tangy Tamarind Chutney pairs perfectly with fried fish. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.
Seafood lovers please check out my other spicy and aromatic recipes of fish like one below.
- Desi Style Salmon With Oven Roasted Broccoli
Wild caught Salmon coated in Desi spices ,lightly pan fried in Extra virgin olive oil with a crispy outer layer and moist and flavorful inner flesh is served with seasoned oven roasted broccoli.
© 2015 Ash