Easy Dessert Recipe - Biko
Biko: Famous Filipino Dessert
You’re not a certified Filipino if you haven’t eaten this native delicacy – the biko. Biko is actually made up of sticky rice (malagkit) which usually served not just during special events but also during ordinary days to satisfy your cravings for your snack. You can buy this dessert in any parts of the country and even in streets and mini markets. But if you have the ingredients in your backyard, why not try to cook some for you and your family? Just follow this recipe below for you to get that desired taste of biko.
You will need:
1 piece egg (beaten)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups sticky rice (malagkit)
3 ½ cups diluted coconut milk
⅛ pound butter
For the toppings:
1 can condensed milk (15 oz.)
3/4 cups rich coconut milk
2 tablespoon flour
How to cook:
1. Cook the sticky rice with the water into a pan or a rice cooker.
2. In a separate pan, mix the coconut milk and the brown sugar for the toppings. Stir continuously until it thickens.
3. You can also add the flour into the mixture to make it thicker.
4. When the sticky rice is already cooked, remove it from the rice cooker and place some on the serving bowl.
5. Put the toppings into the serving bowl with the sticky rice.
6. It’s now ready to serve.
MORE FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES HERE:
- filipinofoods on HubPages
I'm a restaurant owner in Manila, Philippines. Cooking Filipino foods and other Asian dishes is my passion. I am proud of Filipino culture and have...