- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Biscuit Donuts; A Simple How-To Recipe.
For years, I have torn pages from magazines of recipes that I'd like to later try. Back in 2009, I noticed a post in Southern Living for fried biscuits. They had formed refrigerator biscuit dough into bite sized balls, deep fried them and dusted them with powdered sugar.
While looking on Pinterest the other day, I saw that someone had made the biscuit donuts and they looked fabulous. I decided it was time for me to give 'em a try.
Prep & Cook Time
What You Need
- 1 can refrigerator biscuits
- 5 cups vegetable oil
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- cinnamon sugar
- chocolate glaze, (recipe below)
- Pour oil into Dutch oven and heat over medium heat to approximately 350 degrees.
- While oil is heating, separate 1 can of refrigerated biscuits.
- Using a donut cutter, form biscuits into donuts or simply cut hole from center of biscuit.
- Gently place donut into the hot oil. If necessary, cook in batches. You will want to have enough room so that each donut can be turned ensuring that each side is nicely browned.
- Browning should take about 1 to 2 minutes. Watch donuts carefully, if the oil is too hot they will brown very quickly. The oil should be no hotter than 350 because you want to be sure the center of each donut has had time to cook.
- Remove donuts after browning and place onto a paper towel or brown paper bag to drain.
- When all the donuts are cooked, allow to cool and transfer to a serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar.