Black Bean and Quinoa Burgers. Moist and Delicious
Black Bean and Quinoa Burgers - please rate this recipe
To spice or not to spice? Black Bean and Quinoa Burgers
The first wonderful thing about these burgers is that you can adapt them to be spicey, medium spicey or not at all spicey according to your family taste. The second wonderful thing is that you can rustle them up in 30 minutes, making them an ideal dinner for evenings when time is of the essence. You probably have most of the ingredients on hand in your pantry and fridge.
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 14oz can Black Beans
- 2 Spring Onions/Scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh or 2 tsp dried Coriander/Cilantro, Use Dried Thyme if preferred
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes, Increae or decrease if more or less spice is preferred
- 2tbsp Flour - white or whole wheat
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Salsa/cheese/tomato For Garnish
- 1/2 tsp olive oil, To wipe on baking sheet surface or use spray vegetable oil
Method - Making the Black bean and Quinoa Patties
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Wipe, with a paper towel, olive oil or spray vegetable oil on a baking sheet
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan which has a lid. Uncovered on high heat toast the quinoa in the saucepan, swirling so that it all gets cooked and doesn't burn. When it smells toasty and crackling take off the heat and slowly add the water - it will bubble up so add 1.8 cup at a time. Bring to the boil and immediately turn heat to the lowest or minimum setting and cover. Cook without disturbing for 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, plate Caesar salad or other vegetables for the side. Empty can of drained beans into a large bowl and add spices. Cut open Kaiser buns and heat if desired.
- When quinoa is cooked, drain off any excess moisture and add to bean and spice mixture. Add flour. Stir ingredients together and with hands, or using a masher, combine until ingredients hold together - it will be a little chunky - and form into 4 patties..
- Place patties onto the prepared baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes. Take out, carefully turn and bake for a further 5-10 minutes. Top with cheese and tomato pieces if desired. Serve on warm Kaisers and top with Salsa or other condiments to your taste.
Home Made Ceasar Salad Dressing
For a delicious and simple Caesar salad dressing visit this hub for a great recipe: